IT is of great importance in today's business world. However, concerns are increasingly being voiced about IT services, both in-house and outsourced, that they are not meeting the needs of businesses and customers.
An accepted solution to this problem is to use an IT Service Management system (ITSMS) based on ISO/IEC 20000-1, an international standard for IT service management. With the certification of this standard, you can independently demonstrate to your customers that you meet the best practice principle.
ISO/IEC 20000-1 is based on and supersedes the internationally recognized British Standard BS 15000.
ISO/IEC 20000-1 is published in two parts:
A service management specification that covers IT service management. If an audit is made, it will be done about your compliance with this section. The minimum requirements to be met in order to obtain certification are also set out in this section.Part Two is the code of practice for service management and best practices for service management operations within the scope of the specification are described in this section
ISO/IEC 20000-1 applies to all organizations, large or small, that rely on IT services, from any region of the world or from any industry. This standard is particularly suitable for internal IT service providers, such as IT departments, and external IT service providers, such as IT subcontractors.
This standard; Outsourcing is already making a positive impact in some of the leading IT-dependent sectors, such as the Telecommunications, Finance and public sectors.
First, ISO/IEC 20000-1 certification demonstrates that an organization has implemented adequate controls and procedures to consistently deliver quality IT service at an affordable price.
Here are some of the most important benefits:
• IT service providers are becoming more sensitive to business-oriented services rather than technology-driven
• Outsourcing providers use certification as a distinctive privilege, gaining more business with this feature, which has become a contractual requirement over time.
• Provides the ability to select and manage outsourcing providers more effectively
• More opportunities to improve the effectiveness, reliability and consistency of IT services impacting cost and services
• Certification audits provide regular evaluation of service management processes that help you maintain and increase effectiveness
• Certification process can reduce costs by reducing the amount of supplier audits
• ISO/IEC 20000-1 is fully compliant with the ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) best practice consulting framework for ITSM operations